Staff and Volunteers
The pool and campsite simply could not run without our volunteers and we are indebted to them. Undertaking a whole host of tasks including;
- Inducting new swimmers
- Working in the kiosk
- Helping with the Sunday breakfast swims
- General maintenance, including gardening and tidying
- Administering campsite bookings
- Managing and coordinating events
- And many others!
Interested in Helping?
We are always in need of more volunteers so if you are interested in helping out with any of the tasks above, or if you think you can help in any other way, please get in touch at . Full training is provided to volunteers.
The pool and campsite has a dedicated team of lifeguards and cleaning staff.
Our cleaner looks after the pool and campsite, ensuring everything is looking its best and often acting as the first point of contact for campers.
The Lifeguard Team
Our lifeguard team is fully qualified to Royal Life Saving Society lifeguard standards, and receives regular ongoing training to ensure they are fully compliant with latest standards. Training includes;
- Pool health and safety – ensuring the pool is safe for the public and water quality has been tested.
- Emergency response and first aid – ensuring our lifeguards are able to respond to everything from minor cuts and bruises, and are fully trained to use our on-site defibrillator.
Where we have vacancies in our lifeguard team we undertake recruitment at the beginning of every season. Full training is provided where required. This is normally undertaken over a week, during the School Easter holidays in the Penrith area. A lifeguard taster session is held at the end of each season, normally in September, for those interested in becoming lifeguards at Lazonby Swimming Pool.
Become a Lifeguard
- Passed the STA Level 2 Award – Pool Lifeguard (QCF) (training provided if required)
- Provide satisfactory references
- An enhanced DBS disclosure
- A commitment to working a regular shifts, including weekends and holidays
- A commitment to working for the pool for at least 2 years